The AVA HOST Team will Help you Navigate the Selection of the Appropriate Hosting
For many beginners who are just starting their journey in web projects, choosing the right hosting can be a challenging task. This is explained by several reasons. Firstly, the hosting service itself is a complex technical aspect. Secondly, there are numerous hosting providers in the market who claim to be reliable professionals, and selecting a truly reputable and dependable provider among them is not always straightforward.
Today, the AVA HOST team will assist you in understanding the selection of the appropriate hosting and the aspects you need to pay special attention to. The hosting services market offers a multitude of hosting types, but we will discuss three main types of hosting that users can choose from us:
Before making a decision about the choice of a hosting provider, you need to determine which type of hosting is suitable for your project.
Let’s take a closer look at each type:
- Shared Hosting:
Virtual hosting is a server that hosts a multitude of websites utilizing the same software and having equal capabilities. There can be around a thousand websites on a single server. Typically, small web resources that do not require significant power and disk space are hosted on such hosting. Virtual hosting is the most common choice among users due to its affordable cost and the absence of the need for server administration.
VPS (Virtual Private Server) differs from shared hosting in that the user, or upon client request, experts from AVA HOST, can install and configure any software on this server. Managing a VPS server is much like managing a physical server.
- Dedicated Server
AVA HOST offers a dedicated server, which provides the user with a separate server in a data center for independent management. This allows the user to install any operating system and configure software according to their needs. A dedicated server is often used for large-scale projects with high demands, such as large e-commerce websites with high levels of traffic and online gaming platforms.
When choosing hosting, pay attention to four key factors:
- Disk Space: For small websites like landing pages or brochure sites, typically around 30-60 MB of disk space is sufficient. If you plan to use graphics and databases, it’s recommended to opt for hosting with a capacity of at least 100 MB. For high-traffic projects where users will upload their content, such as videos and images, a more cautious approach is needed when determining the disk space volume.
- Set of Technical Features and Tools: It’s important to pay attention to the offered hosting features, such as support for PHP, MySQL, phpMyAdmin, Zend Optimizer, Python, PERL, SSH access, and others. Also, check the support for popular CMS (WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, “1C-Bitrix,” OpenCart, etc.), the convenience of the control panel, technical support, protection against DDoS attacks, the ability to create email accounts, and other features that may be necessary for your project.
- Level of Technical Support: The functionality of your website often depends on the quality of technical support. Make sure that the hosting provider offers round-the-clock and high-quality technical support ready to assist with any issues.
- Price-to-Quality Ratio: Expensive hosting isn’t always the best. Explore various hosting providers and compare their offerings to find the optimal balance between price and service quality.
When choosing hosting, consider these factors to ensure stable and reliable operation of your internet project.
When selecting hosting for your internet project, the price-to-quality ratio plays a significant role. The cheapest hosting doesn’t always equate to good service, so it’s wise to approach your choice thoughtfully.
To ensure the quality of services, many hosting providers offer a free trial period or guarantee a refund for unused time. Here are some criteria by which you can assess the reliability of a provider:
- Company Information on the Website: Verify the presence of sufficient information about the hosting provider on their website.
- Possibility of Free Website Migration: Find out if free website migration from another hosting provider is offered.
- Company’s Market Experience: The experience of the company in providing hosting services speaks to its reliability.
- Presence of Own Data Center or Contracts with Leading Data Centers: The more a hosting provider has its own resources, the more reliable its services are.
- Service License: Ensure that the provider has the appropriate license. Also, note that some providers are resellers and resell services from other hosting providers. They might offer lower prices, but the level of technical support might be lower.
It’s also important to pay attention to additional bonuses offered by hosting providers, such as domain bundles, SSL certificates, or other supplementary services.
If you’re a beginner looking to create a test site with a small audience and limited content, shared hosting might be suitable.
For specific sites with particular server configuration needs, VPS hosting might be a better choice. For resource-intensive projects, a dedicated physical server could be appropriate.
After selecting hosting, evaluate the required disk space and technical features for your project. Consider the effectiveness of technical support, compare different providers, and study user reviews.
And so, in this article, we have discussed crucial aspects to consider when choosing the right hosting!
For a more detailed understanding of AVA HOST services, please visit our website. If you have any questions, you can always reach out to our support team; our experts can assist you in choosing an appropriate server with the right specifications!
Follow us on our social media platforms, read the latest and most relevant news, and soon we’ll introduce stunning discounts available exclusively to our subscribers!